Saturday, December 24, 2011

Redecorating with a Sawzall

Our new washer and dryer were delivered this morning. We didn't know we needed new appliances when we bought the house, but there you go. The biggest question in our minds was getting the appliances into the basement, as two doors en route measured exactly 27 inches, which is exactly what the machines measured.

The delivery guys were concerned about scratching our door frame, but I assured them we were not concerned. Both machines made it through the top door and down the steps into the basement. The dryer made it into the laundry room. The washer wouldn't go. They tried three times. No go.

I told the guys to give me a minute and asked Sally where she had seen the Sawzall. Within five minutes we had completed "remodeling" the laundry room door, and the washer was in. I asked the delivery guy if he'd ever had a customer cut out a door frame in the course of a delivery before. He hadn't.

I did a large load of towels this afternoon. I am excited and relieved to be back in the laundry business. I also will be doing some additional remodeling to make amends for my earlier effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment