Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Wild America


I wonder if Marty Stouffer did his own cinematography....

Two blocks from our house on my drive back from second breakfast with Sally, a coyote crossed the street. It sniffed about and then headed back up the wooded hill north of 34th Avenue. I grabbed my cell phone - yes, the one with a camera that is always coming on by itself - in hopes of getting a photo. Of course I couldn't figure out how to turn on the camera. It apparently likes things to be spontaneous. I got the camera on just as the coyote disappeared over the ridge. I took a photo, but failed to release the shutter in time. Drat.

Anyway, it was a beautiful, healthy coyote. Very exciting to see, unless you're a cat lover. Coyotes are cat lovers, though admittedly in a slightly different sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment