Sunday, November 8, 2009

Back in the Saddle

I'm back in the saddle again
Out where a friend is a friend
Where the longhorn cattle feed
On the lowly gypsum weed
Back in the saddle again

This old Gene Autry song came to mind this morning as I took my customary place in the recliner to drink coffee and read the paper. I just returned from a quick trip to Indiana to see my mother and two of my brothers. Packing light as a practice run for our New Zealand escapade, I didn't take my MacBook along. I had a few moments where I regretted that decision, including a four-hour flight from Indianapolis to Salt Lake City on a plane that had free WiFi. Gosh, to think you missed out on the joy of reading what I was thinking while experiencing oxygen deprivation and leg cramps at 38,000 feet!

The trip went fine, but I'm really happy to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment