Thursday, February 25, 2010

Door to Door Sales


I've always detested door to door salespeople. I have a "my home is my castle" attitude, and though I don't have a mote, I wish I did. I don't like having people come to my door to push religion (last week), sell investments (Monday), or lawn care (today). But perhaps my mood is changing....

After I told the Living Water Lawn Care guy "No thanks" this morning, he commented favorably on the old bike I have locked up on the porch. I told him I was getting rid of it, and invited him to make an offer. He said he didn't want to offend me, and then said if he made an offer it would be $50. I told him I'd accept.

I'm not sure it's a done deal. The salesman had other homeowners to pester, though he did write down my name and number. If I manage to sell the bike this way I'm gonna bring some more stuff out onto the porch. I wonder if the Jehovah's Witnesses need a Minolta digital camera?

No comments:

Post a Comment