Saturday, December 18, 2010

Merry Christmoose!


There I was, sitting by the front window of the house when this enormous, dark brown mass eclipsed the light. In the familiar words of Clement Clarke Moore, Away to the window I flew like a flash, Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash. Well, OK. I took a moment or two to pull myself out of the chair and straighten my aching back. Then I looked out that window. When, what to my wondering eyes should appear? There's a moose in the yard! Come see, Sally Dear!

That's when in the kitchen there arose quite a clatter, Sally jumped when I yelled and knocked over a platter.

OK, enough. But it was cool. It's been several years since Bullwinkle stopped by our place for a visit. He didn't stay long today, in fact, Sally didn't make it to the window in time to see him.
But the evidence was there - a series of moose prints crossing our driveway and yard, just a few feet away from where I was sitting.

I worry when Nature and civilization come into contact, Nature doesn't often fare so well. I hope our big brown visitor makes it home for the holidays....

No comments:

Post a Comment